If you’re looking for quick and easy this may be the option for you. Simply text a command to our short code and get account info by return text … like an account balance … or make a one-time transfer. When you’re ready to get started, all you have to do is enroll in Online Banking and register your mobile phone with us.
Very. Here’s why:
- Only you can activate this service on your phone (by first registering through Online Banking with your PC).
- Text messages never contain confidential information about you or your accounts.
- Only the last three digits of your account number are displayed on your mobile device’s screen.
Yes, as long as your carrier supports text messaging and you have a text-message-capable phone. Your carrier may charge text messaging fees, so you may wish to check this out before registering.
Liberty Bank does not charge fees for using text message banking, but your carrier may. Please check with your mobile phone carrier if you aren’t sure if fees apply.
Our text message banking service works on all major mobile providers in the U.S., including:
- US Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Mobile
First, you’ll need to be an Online Banking customer. (If you’re not yet enrolled, please go to www.liberty-bank.com and select “Enroll Now” on the home page.) Then …
- Log into Online Banking and click the “Additional Services” button.
- Select the “Mobile Alerts & Notifications” link.
- Go to the Text Message Banking section of the page, click on the "Activate" button, and follow the prompts.
- Be sure to have the mobile device you want to enroll with you. You’ll receive a text message within 10 seconds verifying your phone and listing an activation code.
- Enter the activation code into the box provided in Online Banking.
- You’ll receive a text message letting you know that activation was successful and that you can begin banking by text.
Verifying your phone is part of our one-time set-up process which allows us to ensure the security of text message banking.
Typically you will receive your code within 10 seconds. However, if you feel you’ve waited long enough you can click the “Resend It” link. Please check your mobile device for a new text message. If you are still experiencing problems, be sure you entered the correct mobile number during setup.
Your primary account is the one we’ll reference when you text BAL to 454545. Please designate the account as primary that you will likely want to check most often.
Yes. When you text BAL ALL to 454545, we will reply with a message with current balances for all of your checking, savings and CD accounts.
Yes. Simply log into Online Banking, click the “Additional Services" button, and select the “Mobile Alerts & Notifications” link. From the “Primary Text Banking Account” drop-down menu, select your preferred account and click on the “Save Changes” button.
- BAL - primary account balance
- BAL ALL - all account balances
- BAL CHK - checking account balances
- BAL SAV - saving account balances
- HELP - help on keywords
- LAST - last five transactions
- STOP - deactivate service
- TRANS - transfer funds to primary account
Once you have activated text message banking, simply text your command to 454545.
Yes, once you have completed the enrollment for your first mobile device, simply return to the “Mobile Alerts & Notifications” page in Online Banking and click the “Activate Another Phone” link. You can set up the same information (primary account, transfer account, and alerts) for your second device.
Yes, we offer the following alerts:
- Primary account balance – You’ll receive an alert containing your current and available balance every Friday between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Low balance – You’ll receive an alert 24 hours after a transaction clears that brings your primary account balance below the minimum threshold you set up.
- High payment – You’ll receive an alert 24 hours after a payment clears your primary account that exceeds the minimum dollar amount you set up.
- High deposit – You’ll receive an alert 24 hours after a deposit clears your primary account that exceeds the minimum dollar amount you set up.
Yes. First, please deactivate the mobile number that’s currently set up. Then add your new mobile number by logging into Online Banking and going to the “Additional Services” button.
Simply text the command STOP to 454545. Or, if you prefer, you can log into Online Banking and click the “Additional Services” button. Next, select the “Mobile Alerts & Notifications” link and click the “Deactivate” link that appears next to your mobile phone number.