Existing Mobile Banking customers -- Simply log in to your mobile app, click on the “Deposits or Check Deposits” button, accept the Mobile Check Deposit Services Agreement, and you’re off!
Not yet a Mobile Banking customer? – First, we will need you to enroll in Online Banking. Please visit the Online Banking page and click on the “Enroll Now” link. Once you have enrolled in Online Banking, you can visit the Apple iTunes or Google Playstore, search for Liberty Bank (CT) and download our app. Once you’ve downloaded our app, log in, click on the “Deposits or Check Deposits” button, accept the Mobile Check Deposit Services Agreement, and you’re off!
Android Smart Phone, iPhone or iPad. Mobile check deposit is not available when using an Android tablet, Kindle tablet or when logged into Mobile Web Banking.
Liberty Bank does not charge a fee for using mobile check deposit. However, please understand that our usual account fees do apply, such as for any returned checks and insufficient funds. (Please refer to your Personal Deposit Account Agreement for more information). In addition, please contact your mobile device carrier to determine if they have any fees that may apply.
If your mobile check deposit is made before 3:00 pm on a business day …
Next business day
If your mobile check deposit is made after
3:00 pm on a business day …
Evening of the next business day
The following business day
If you are a new customer and your account is fewer than 30 days old, your funds will be available in five business days following the day of your deposit.
Your deposit is deemed to have been accepted by the bank when the deposit has posted to your account. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays.
Please bring your check to any branch and deposit it over the teller line. Depending on the type of check you deposit, you may be able to receive quicker funds availability. Refer to your Personal Deposit Account Agreement for more information on Funds Availability.
If your check is accepted, you will see it posted to your Online Banking account within the time standards mentioned in question 4. If your check is not accepted, we will inform you via email and will include the reason it could not be accepted.
Checks may not be accepted for the following reasons (including but not limited to):
- The check is illegible
- Your deposit exceeds the per day or rolling 30-day limit
- Your deposit is a duplicate deposit
- We are unable to determine the amount of the check
After your deposit has posted to your account, please securely store the original check for 14 calendar days. Thereafter, please write “VOID” on the check and destroy it by cross-cut shredding or another commercially acceptable means of destruction.
Yes. $2,500.00 per deposit, $2,500.00 per day, $5,000.00 per rolling 30 calendar days.
Please give our Online Banking department a call at 888-570-0773 and we will be happy to review your account to determine if we can adjust your deposit limits.
No. These types of check deposits will not be accepted:
- Checks that are drawn on the same account in which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you).
- Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner on the account.
- Check dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks drawn on or payable through a financial institution located outside of the United States of America (U.S.) or checks not in U.S. Funds.
- Copies or images of checks.
- Checks on which a stop payment order has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulation CC.
- Remotely created checks, as defined in Regulation CC.
- Postdated checks (made payable at some point in the future).
- Savings Bonds, coupons or vouchers.
The back of your check must include your signature and “For Mobile Deposit”